Sunday Lunch at the Galloper! This December, choose from our Sunday Roast Lunch menu or look at our Sunday Favourites menu. Both served 12noon to 4pm.
We believe that Sunday lunch should be special and we want a great Sunday lunch to be at the heart of your community pub and a perfect way for family and friends to come together after a busy week. We have worked with our local suppliers to produce a menu with some of the finest quality joints of meats available in the region.
Every Sunday morning, we slowly roast select joints in small quantities to ensure the best taste and freshness. It is then hand carved to order. Our beef is at its best when cooked slightly pink (medium-rare), but don’t worry if pink beef isn’t to your taste. Just let your server know and we will slice some that is cooked further.
For something different, you can pre-order your choice of roast and we will serve it whole at your table for you and your guests to carve and enjoy.
Roast dinner not your thing? Never fear, take a look at the Sunday Lunch Favourite Menu below, served 12noon to 4pm. There’s something for everyone at the Galloping Horse.
Sunday Roast Lunch Menu
Main course only – £9.95, Two courses – £11.95, Three courses £14.00.
Home-made Carrot & Coriander Soup with warm bread and butter
Roast Topside of Lakeland Beef or
Roast Shoulder of Lamb or
– served at your table; carrot and swede, cauliflower cheese, seasonal greens, creamed mash, roast potatoes, pan gravy and we will refill your vegetables and gravy as often as you like
Dessert – choice from today’s selection
Sunday Lunch Favourites Menu, served 12noon to 4pm
- Creamed Garlic Mushrooms Ciabatta £4.95
- Baked Brie Cranberry and Rocket £6.25
- Chilli or Pulled Pork Nachos £4.95
Main Course Favourites
- Pies of the Day £10.25 Vegetables, chips and gravy
- Award Winning Cumberland Sausage £10.95 Twice cooked chips, free-range fried egg, peas and onion rings
- Hand Battered Haddock £11.45 Mushy peas, twice cooked chips, homemade tartare sauce
- Wholetail Scampi £12.25 Twice cooked chips, garden peas, dressed salad, homemade tartare sauce
- Classic Lasagne £10.50 Garlic bread, dressed leaves
- Hearty 5 bean Chilli £11.95 & rice
- 10oz Gammon Steak £11.95 Free range fried egg, twice cooked chips, garden peas and pineapple
- 8oz 100% Lakeland Steak Burger £10.50 Twice cooked chips, brioche bun, onion rings, dressed leaves
- Vegetarian Burger £9.95 Twice cooked chips, brioche bun, onion rings, dressed leaves