Don’t be missing our kids’ Christmas Party! On Wednesday 19th December from 5.30-7.30pm, it’s just £10 per child and there’ll be crafts, food, games and prizes. Booking essential as places are limited.
- 01https://thegallopinghorse.co.uk/event/weekend-breakfast/10:00 -11:452019-12-01
You can get breakfast at the weekend at the Galloper. Head on down between 10am and 11.45am on Saturdays and Sundays and browse through our breakfast selection. Take a look at the menu:
The Full English £7.50
local back bacon, Cumberland sausage, grilled flat mushroom, tomato, free range egg, black pudding, beans and toast
Eggs Benedict £7.95
toasted muffin topped with thick-cut ham, poached eggs, hollandaise sauce and rocket
Eggs Florentine (V) £6.00 add smoked salmon for only £1.50
toasted muffin topped with poached egg, spinach and hollandaise sauce
Vegetarian Breakfast (V) £6.95
roast vine tomatoes, grilled goats cheese, flat mushroom, veggie sausage, beans, free range egg, toast
Breakfast Sandwich £4.95
bacon, sausage and egg
Tea, coffee, juice and Buck’s Fizz is always an option too with your breakfast, of course or how about a Galloper breakfast cocktail for a bit of added pzazz?
Bloody Mary £6.00
vodka, tomato juice, Tabasco, Worcestershire sauce, cracked pepper
Kir Royale £7.00
Prosecco topped with raspberry liqueur
Don’t forget that we do breakfast for prebooked parties during the week too. There’s information with our party menus on the Food & Drink page, or drop us a message to enquire.
- 01https://thegallopinghorse.co.uk/event/sunday-lunch/12:00 -16:002019-12-01
Sunday Lunch at the Galloper! This Sunday, choose from our Sunday Roast Lunch menu or look at our Sunday Favourites menu. Both served 12noon to 4pm.
We believe that Sunday lunch should be special and we want a great Sunday lunch to be at the heart of your community pub and a perfect way for family and friends to come together after a busy week. We have worked with our local suppliers to produce a menu with some of the finest quality joints of meats available in the region.
Every Sunday morning, we slowly roast select joints in small quantities to ensure the best taste and freshness. It is then hand carved to order. Our beef is at its best when cooked slightly pink (medium-rare), but don’t worry if pink beef isn’t to your taste. Just let your server know and we will slice some that is cooked further.
For something different, you can pre-order your choice of roast and we will serve it whole at your table for you and your guests to carve and enjoy.
Roast dinner not your thing? Never fear, take a look at the Sunday Lunch Favourite Menu below, served 12noon to 4pm. There’s something for everyone at the Galloping Horse.
Sunday Roast Lunch Menu
Main course only – £9.95, Two courses – £11.95, Three courses £14.00.
Home-made Carrot & Coriander Soup with warm bread and butter
Roast Topside of Lakeland Beef or
Roast Shoulder of Lamb or
– served at your table; carrot and swede, cauliflower cheese, seasonal greens, creamed mash, roast potatoes, pan gravy and we will refill your vegetables and gravy as often as you like
Dessert – choice from today’s selection
Sunday Lunch Favourites Menu, served 12noon to 4pm
- Creamed Garlic Mushrooms Ciabatta £4.95
- Baked Brie Cranberry and Rocket £6.25
- Chilli or Pulled Pork Nachos £4.95
Main Course Favourites
- Pies of the Day £10.25 Vegetables, chips and gravy
- Award Winning Cumberland Sausage £10.95 Twice cooked chips, free-range fried egg, peas and onion rings
- Hand Battered Haddock £11.45 Mushy peas, twice cooked chips, homemade tartare sauce
- Wholetail Scampi £12.25 Twice cooked chips, garden peas, dressed salad, homemade tartare sauce
- Classic Lasagne £10.50 Garlic bread, dressed leaves
- Hearty 5 bean Chilli £11.95 & rice
- 10oz Gammon Steak £11.95 Free range fried egg, twice cooked chips, garden peas and pineapple
- 8oz 100% Lakeland Steak Burger £10.50 Twice cooked chips, brioche bun, onion rings, dressed leaves
- Vegetarian Burger £9.95 Twice cooked chips, brioche bun, onion rings, dressed leaves
- 01https://thegallopinghorse.co.uk/event/save-seat-sunday/12:00 -15:002019-12-01The Galloping Horse95 Main Rd, High Harrington, Workington CA14 4NQ, UK
Our community is the people who live in it and we’re aware that some of them live alone and/or don’t get out as much as maybe they could.
Therefore we’ve launched Save A Seat For Sunday; a reserved table for up to eight at noon on the first Sunday of each month, to which we’ll invite groups or individual to come and have lunch on us and enjoy the banter and buzz we always have in the pub on Sunday lunchtime.
This is by invitation only but if you would like to suggest an individual or group of people who would benefit please do let us know by email, Facebook message or ring or drop in and give a message to Colette.
- 02https://thegallopinghorse.co.uk/event/pizza-night-promo-18-two/17:00 -21:002019-12-02
Only £18! Every Monday and Tuesday evening between 5-9pm, get any two 9″ pizzas PLUS chips PLUS a drink each from your choice of a 175ml glass of house white or red wine or a pint of Fosters or a pint of John Smiths.
It’s a great early weeknight offer for two from the Galloping Horse. With our fantastic traditional homemade pizzas baked in our authentic pizza oven, what’s not to like?
- 02https://thegallopinghorse.co.uk/event/midweek-lunch-set-menu-3/12:00 -14:002019-12-02
Available Monday – Friday 12noon – 2pm, our super set-menu lunch is only £10.95 for two courses or £12.95 for three courses.
The menu changes with stock availability and seasonal produce but take a look at this sample menu:
Midweek Lunch Set Menu – SAMPLE
Soup of the Day
Bubble and Squeak Cake (V) with fried egg
Goats Cheese (V) (GF) roast tomatoes, balsamic glaze
Roast of the Day, roast and mashed potatoes, seasonal vegetables, Yorkshire pudding, gravy
Fillet of Salmon (GF on request), Hollandaise sauce, new potatoes, seasonal vegetables
Breast of Chicken Chasseur (GF on request), fondant potatoes, seasonal vegetables
Spring Vegetable Casserole (V), topped with cheese scone, new potatoes
See our daily board for today’s desserts
2 courses £10.95, 3 courses £12.95
Bar open from 12noon daily (closed 2-5pm weekdays).
Meals and snacks served daily (booking recommended).
See Food & Drink for food service times and our menu.